Non-negotiable Refund Policy
Teams not accepted into the event: Full Refund
Teams that drop before February 2 2018: Full Refund
Teams that drop before February 17 2018: Half Refund
Teams that drop after February 17 2018: No Refund
At Team Check In, wristbands or badges will be issued for each player on the roster up to 15 and each staff member up to 2 (can be Coaches, Chaperones, Team Representatives, Managers, etc. or any combination of staff positions but no more than 2). These wristbands/badges are included as part of the Team Registration fee – there is no extra charge for them. Staff members listed on more than one roster will receive only 1 wristband/badge for the event. The person checking in the team must pick up all wristbands/badges for that roster.
- You must bring a printed Team Roster to the event in order to check your team in. No handwritten changes of any sort are allowed on the AES Team Roster.
- Review Your Roster to make any necessary roster changes, additions, or deletions. Your roster must pass validation in order to print a Team Roster.
- All persons listed on a team roster must be registered. All coaches on the Team Roster must be, at a minimum, IMPACT certified. All adult coaches listed on the Team Roster must have a current background check.
- You must have a membership number for each person on the roster – all players and coaches. your Region to get these numbers if you do not have them. You WILL NOT be allowed to participate in the event unless this is completed.
- Roster changes can be made up until the last minute before you go to the Team Check in Desk.
- Changes to an individuals file (membership type, graduation year, coaching certification level, membership expiration date, etc.), can be made up until the last minute before you go to the Team Check in Desk.
Competition will begin on Saturday. A wave play format will be used with the morning wave beginning at 8:00 am and the afternoon wave beginning at 2:00pm. Confirmed start times will be posted on this web site once available.
- All Games will consist of best of three sets with two – 25 point sets and one – 15 point set if necessary. USAV rules will be used for all play.
- Remember to check the schedule for the next round work assignments, some teams do have to come in early to work the next pool or first round of bracket play.
- Warm ups will be 2 – 4 – 4 for all teams first games throughout the tournament. Time will start at the end of the previous match. The first two matches of each wave will begin on time after that they are all ASAP.
- After all teams have played their first game, warm up consist of – 1 minutes of pepper your side both teams, 3 – minutes of hitting/serving for serving team, 3 – minutes of hitting/serving for receiving team.
A paid certified official will be assigned to all matches and both up and down officials will be provided for all Gold finals in all age divisions. Teams scheduled for a work assignment must provide a competent down Ref, competent scorekeeper, 2 lines people and a flipper/libero tracker. A coach must be court side during the entire work assignment in case of any problems. Failure to have an entire work team including the coach will result in a point per minute for every minute you are late. This penalty will be assessed on your next scheduled match. Please check the schedule carefully for work assignments. Some teams will be required to work the 8am match and then play at 9am. We are not responsible for missed work assignments. You may also be required to stay after a finals match to work the next round of matches coming to your court. Please check with Championship Desk to verify.
It is the coaches responsibility to remain at the event until all chances of any tie breakers have been completed. If any information is given by the staff that does not match information here, ask for tournament director to re – check the results.
- Two way ties will be broken by head to head results between the two teams
- Three way ties will be broken by (1) set percentages: sets won divided by the total number of sets played. The team with the highest set percentage wins. If still tied (2) point percentage: each teams total points scored divided by total points scored by opponents. The team with the highest percentage wins.
- Seeding for the tie breakers will be point differential.
- After seeding has been determined if any team is missing from the court at the time of the tie breaker games they will forfeit and be declared the lowest seed of the tiebreaker for the pool. The two remaining teams will both move into first and second by seedingprocedure.
- If more then one team is missing then we will declare the team that is there in first seed in the tie breaker followed by seeded results for the two missing teams. If all 3 teams are missing then we use the seeds only.
- There will be paid athletic trainers on site. These trainers will be available starting at 7am to wrap and prep players for the day. Please be sure to provide your own tape. Please, do not wait until the last minute to have your players report to the medical tent to be taped as play will not be delayed.
- All coaches are required to have a Medical Release Form for each player with them at all times.
Our event is a “Stay to Save” event: A good working relationship with hotels is critical for the long-term success of our event. For this reason, teams or attendees who are traveling from out of town are asked, not required, to book their rooms through our Official Travel Partner, PSE Event Housing, to ensure that our room blocks are utilized. In short, since the hotels are holding rooms for our event, we ask that you use these rooms.
Lowest Available Room Rates: The best hotels will book up quickly so please book well in advance.
Email us at:https://pseeventhousing.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
Have some fun in Gatlinburg
Who says you can’t have it all? Gatlinburg offers outdoor adventures, kid-friendly attractions, and laid-back scenic charms that keep families, friends and couples coming back, year after year.
The Great Outdoors Are Greater in Gatlinburg.
Downhill snow skiing, Class-IV whitewater rafting, world-class golf and fishing and 600 miles of hiking trails in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park make Gatlinburg one of America’s premier outdoor destinations.
All of these don’t even scratch the surface of what Gatlinburg has to offer. Ziplining, snowboarding, tubing, biking and horseback riding are other recommended outdoor activities for your visit. Read more about Gatlinburg’s great outdoors.
You Don’t Have to be a Kid to be a Kid.
No matter your age, you can let loose at a huge selection of Gatlinburg attractions! Gatlinburg is home to America’s best-loved aquarium, which is full of underwater adventures perfect for all ages, and there’s a lot more where that came from….
Check out one of Gatlinburg’s many unique museums, create a one-of-a-kind work of art at an arts & crafts fair, play a quick 18 at a miniature golf course, experience the thrills of a motion simulator and take a spin on a go-cart or bumper car. Read more about Gatlinburg’s family-friendly attractions.
Party with Your Best Pals.
In town for a girlfriends’ getaway or gentlemen’s retreat? No trip is complete without a visit to our local moonshine distillery, a tour of our local wineries or a cold draft at a downtown brewery. The walkability of Gatlinburg and our convenient trolley makes it easy to navigate the city without ever having to hop in the car. Read more about our breweries, distilleries and wineries.
Don’t Forget the Romance.
Set the scene for love. The view doesn’t get any better than when you hop on the Gatlinburg Sky Lift or Aerial Tramway. Steal a kiss, cuddle close or pop the question. It’s easy to fall in love in Gatlinburg. Read more about romancing the Smokies.
Live Music in Gatlinburg
Gatlinburg has a variety of live music venues featuring bluegrass, southern rock and good ole karaoke. Learn more here.
More to Do
This page has only offered a taste of all the attractions Gatlinburg has to offer. Shopping excursions, seasonal events and jaw-dropping live entertainment are all hallmarks of our great town.